Tuesday, 18 February 2014

28mm Mexican-American War. Mexico #1

Based on an OOB for Palo Alto in 1846. The Mexican Army of the North with 2,500 infantry, 1100 cavalry, 400 irregular cavalry, and 10 guns present.
Lowered my sights on this one, initially I’ll only do enough to give me sufficient points for a HOTT and a DBN army.  Then the same for the US army.  At least that way I’ve got a chance of maybe gaming with them.DivGen.01
General.
IrrCv02
IrrCv01
Irregular Cavalry (“Rancheros”), 1 element – may not have taken part in the actual battle.
4inf014inf024inf034th Line Infantry.
Art28 
Light Artillery.
All figures from Warrior.
Rules: DBN and HOTT.
Sources:
image
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MexAmWar/?yguid=284881376

2 comments:

  1. I love this period, I painted up the Americans using 15mm Minifigs, many moons ago!! Sadly they were sold off to fund another new period. But I'll get back to it one day!! Nice looking figures though, it certainly is a colourful period and I'll look forward to a few more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is scratching an itch, likely I'll finish what I said. I would love to do the whole army for Palo Alto but the lead mountain is casting a long shadow at the moment!

    ReplyDelete