Thursday, 26 January 2012

1/72 Dark Age Northumbrians

Army01
The army arrayed;
Back to the plastics!  Having written earlier that I had changed over to 20mm metals, two of the remaining three armies in the project are now plastics.  In this instance, the Emhar set was too good to pass up and I already had the Cv figures, so…



Some minor alterations to the Emhars, nice hard plastic which glues easily with liquid poly, and they are indeed pose-able to a limited extent.
      
image

Based on DBA III/24 Middle Anglo-Saxon:

Wb02
1x4Wb, 1x4Wb(Gen),, Earl with his huscarls;
SpSp206
6x4Sp, select fyrd;
Hd04
2x7Hd general fyrd;
Cv03
1x3Cv, what a handy set this has been, all gone now though;
Ps07
1x2Ps, general fyrd.

Sources:
image

7 comments:

  1. They are brilliant. Well jolly done!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this armey! I'd never thought of using the Gothic cavalry for dark age Britain, but they fit in really well. I may use that idea for my Dark Age Saga forces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I have all the pieces to make this same army. Hopefully I'll get around to doing some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind remarks.

    Brummylad: Another set worth looking at is Miniart's Germanic warriors. 16 cavalry and 16 foot. A 12 element DBA army in one box for less than 6 quid. They'll appear as Strathclyde Britons on here in due course.

    ReplyDelete