Monday, 27 April 2009

1/72 I/46(b) Kushite Egyptian


1xLCh (Gen), 1xLCh,


As no Kushite chariots and cavalry are available in plastic, some mild conversion and artistic licence is necessary. The cavalrymen got a head swap and their horses got a blanket and reins. Chariots simply got a personnel change. Based for 25mm DBA on 60mm wide bases. Figures from Caesar and HaT.

Costume details are hard to come by for these guys but I stumbled across this illustration somewhere on the net:
 

No idea what the differences indicate, guessed it was some kind of rank distinction.

My favourite photo of a spotty. Problem; be as accurate as possible with the leopard skin and spend the next 3 months painting the same figures, or go with something which looks (to me) acceptable and gets done a whole lot quicker? No contest, went with the latter - too many other figures to paint.

 
2x3Cv,
 
2x3Bw, 1x4Bw,

1x4Bd,

2x3Ax,

2x4Sp (Meshwesh militia).

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Your blog is making me want to make more 1/72 DBA armies. I keep thinking that I'm saving the models for WAB armies. BUT, the more manageable DBA army would actually get done sometime this century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike. The way I look at it is that I can always buy another box to expand an army if it becomes 'flavour of the month' again. Two boxes of course as the opposition also has to be increased - and so it continues ;)

    ReplyDelete